Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Those Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer

Summertime memories. Grasshoppers begin their whine as early as 9:00am. Trips to the river to cool off. Picnics, barbecues, fairs, rodeos, Monster truck shows etc.

Kate, what did you do this summer? I went to Weitchepec for the first time.

Spence, what did you this summer?  I went to my first Giants game.

Kate:  I finished the fifth season of Dexter.

Spence: I got a ticket for doing a California Stop.

Other than that, this summer felt more like February. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Labor Day weekend...PLEASE do something fun.

skippy said...

Lazy, hazy, crazy, oh my! Where did the Summer go? Where did I go?

…Even if I wanted to go, my schedule wouldn't allow it at all!

March: Wallow in self pity.
May: Stare into the abyss.
June: Solve world hunger (tell no one).
July: Jazzercise at Curley’s.
August: Dinner with me, I can't cancel that again!
September: Wrestle with my self loathing.

I'm booked!

Of course if I bump the loathing to October I can still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness. But what would I wear!

The Editors said...

Skippy, we're starting a commune in November. Join us!